WOW we have hit the jackpot with a February warm up. Lake Michigan waves are gently rolling in and the sun shining on the water looks like a spring day!!! The upcoming forecast seems to be very good for the weekend Fire and Ice Festival in Sturgeon Bay this weekend where ice sculpters will be braving the elements to carve out a work of art. Later there will be dancing and entertainment. Come on up and check it out!!! We still have rooms available!!!
If there is a time of the year that love is in the air it is definately February!!! And Door County has all the fixins:
Top 10 romantic things to do in Door County:
2. Serenade your sweetheart at the Door County Idol contest!
3. Wine and dine her on the Progressive Dinner Trolley Outing.
4. Take her to a romantic theatre outing SHE LOVES ME playing at Isadoora Theatre and THE LETTERMAN IN CONCERT at Door Community Auditorium.
6. Take in an old fashion sleigh ride at Orchard County Winery while touring the Door Penninsula on the Door County Trolley’s Winter Wonderland Tour. After the sleigh ride enjoy a cozy fire side lunch. (Ask about adding the Winter Wonderland package to your stay).
7. Enjoy a candlelight ski, hike and snowshoe outing at Newport State Park.
9. Take her to a romantic dinner on the water at Donny’s Glidden Lodge Restaurant. (Add wine, roses , and a $40 gift certificate to Donny’s and you have all you need for a romantic weekend for 2 two! Ask about our Crazy Little Thing Called Love Package).
10. Thinking of popping the question? Looking for wedding rings? Just want to dazzle her with a gift of jewelry? Door County has unique jewelers indeed. Visit T Simon Jewelers for all your jewelry needs.
Well there you have it: love, romance, attractions, events, specials, sparkle… You will enjoy the value and love the memories!!!!
Summer is not the only time to enjoy Door County… Treat yourself to a winter get-away. Here is a link that will give you a lot of reasons to come to Door County during the cold season…
10 Reasons to visit Glidden Lodge in Winter:
1. Relive cherished memories of past visits to Glidden by coming back to your favorite vacation spot…
2. Enjoy the quietness and solitude Glidden has to offer in the winter.
3. Enjoy the beauty of the season by taking a back-road walk and seeing gorgeous snow covered evergreens.
4. Visit the Whitefish Dunes State Park and Cave Point - WOW it is really a sight to see. Bring your camera!
5. You can participate in an arctic adventure… The Polar Bear Plunge… It happens each year on January 1st.
6. Shops are still open during the off season and less crowded too!!
7. Candlelight ski at one of the state parks!!
9. Re-discover each other again with a romance package – these packages are available all season long, not just for the traditional Valentines Day get aways.
10. Come visit the fun staff while you plan your warm weather vacation at Glidden Lodge Beach Resort!!!
It may be cold outside but it is toasy warm here at Glidden. Beat the cold while soaking in your own private whirlpool and then curling up by the fireplace right within your well appointed suite. Watch the waters of Lake Michigan while they stir the ice chunks with rhythmatic white caps crashing into the shore. You deserve a special get away!!
Tonight kicks off the holiday lighting season with the annual Christmas tree lighting in downtown Sturgeon Bay. The children’s entertainer Randy Peterson will be there. Local shops will extend their hours to accomodate early Christmas shoppers. This weekend Third Avenue Playhouse in Sturgeon Bay starts their holiday show “Daddy D’s Christmas Show”.
Back at Glidden Lodge, we still have warm and cozy accomodations available this weekend. So you can enjoy the festivities and still snuggle into your beautifully appointed vista overlooking the water with in-room whirlpool and fireplace.
More information to follow about upcoming holiday festivals around Door County. Keep warm and enjoy the holiday season!!!